You can tell it's almost Spring when there are plenty of baby showers to go to. Heather and I spent the weekend making gifts for all the cute little babies our friends and family members will be having soon. Our new favorite thing to make were these cute baby slings, but as you can see, I also had to do a blanket. I think my favorite thing about the slings is that they are more like an accessory for the mom, so you can use more adult fabric. We also put a handy pocket on the front of them and a little ring for a toy or keys. It's too bad I probably won't be able have another sewing day for a while, but it was a nice break from all the errands I usually run on the weekends. Garrett also enjoyed my sewing day because he spent it playing with his Playstation and taking a wonderful nap. There is just something so exciting about choosing fabric. You get inspired by every pattern you see, and then sometimes you get so excited that you buy more than you need or could ever get around to using. I'm trying to avoid building up the huge fabric collection that my mother and grandmother have, but some pieces are just so tempting. Anyway, Fred and I had a great time and got our projects done...for now, at least.
Monday, February 4, 2008
A productive weekend
Posted by Sarah and Garrett at 8:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Are you serious...you know how to make slings? I need one so bad. I would love to pay you to make me one. No pressure though. I really have been looking to buy one. You are so talented. Hope you two are doing well. I can't wait to see you at Kaden's big birthday bash on Saturday!!!
Fred...aka Heather. I almost went back to buy that pink flower version of the red. I'm trying to resist!! Thanks for letting me steal your sewing machine!! :) You won't need it for a while, right? I want it.
So so cute, I love the slings, I've been thinking of making them for my website, do they take a long time? Love them, so darling!
Hi! So... you need to fix something on your blog. I think it's in your profile and it says you're doing Accounting. Sarah... Accounting? Not a chance. Haha. It kind of makes me laugh every time I see it.
Post a Comment