Monday, February 25, 2008

And the Oscar goes to...

Sunday night Garrett and I sat down to watch the Oscars. We've watched the Oscars together every year since we got married, and it has become a great tradition. It all starts with Barbara Walters at five o'clock and ends with best picture. Garrett and I choose our favorites for each award, then see who gets the most right (Usually Garrett, of course!). This year was especially fun as it was our five year Oscar anniversary and the 80th Academy Awards. If you've noticed the change of tunes on our page, these are some best original song winners. Here are some of our favorites from this year's Oscar's:

Best Dressed: Helen Mirren was wearing such a flattering dress. Classy dress for a classy lady.

Worst dressed: This dress was so AWFUL!!! Who wears a huge black rhinestone flower on their chest? Rebecca Miller, apparently. She must be very, very brave.

Creepiest moment: When some random guy came up to Jennifer Garner while she was being interviewed on the red carpet, hugged her and kissed her on the neck. You could tell she was totally freaked out. It's sad that some people on the red carpet aren't as classy as they should be. On the other hand, Jennifer Garner handled it very well.

We had a great time. It's too bad they only happen once a year, but then they wouldn't be so special.

2 comments:

Jake and Shannon Box said...

I thought about you and Gar that night! I hope you enjoyed yourselves!

Unknown said...

I agree with you on the best dress. Too bad I didn't see any movies.