As I've been studying, I've been thinking about all the other things that need to be done around the apartment and all the other things that I used to do before law school. I wish I had a clone that could do the grocery shopping, cleaning, etc. A couple days ago my neighbors brought over a plate of cookies and a snowflake. It's a kind of holiday pass-it-on game. Now I tape the snowflake to our door, cut out a new snowflake, whip up some fabulous baked goods, and pass the treats and snowflake on to another neighbor. It's a fun way to celebrate the holidays with neighbors, but I haven't had time to bake anything for weeks. I've been considering picking up some cookies at Smith's and making them look cute on a festive plate. Now I just have to make it to Smith's.
Speaking of baked goods, here is a fabulous picture of my last baking attempt:I bought some cinnamon bread dough from Market Square to try to make some pull-apart rolls. My sister had bought some dough earlier, and after I bought the dough, my brother-in-law told me that their dough wouldn't rise. So I didn't have high hopes for my rolls, but as you can see, they rose to the occasion. They look like they're trying to escape the pan. I guess I don't really miss baking things that much, they never quite turn out the way I expect.
Oh well, I guess pursuing a career as a baker is not in my future. Law school must have been a good choice. Wouldn't it be great if there is a fantastic baker lurking deep inside Garrett? While his baking skills could probably use a little work, he has great heating up frozen pizza skills. I don't think we'd ever eat if it wasn't for his mad food procuring skills. He also handles a vacuum cleaner like a pro. So even though our laundry probably won't get totally done for a couple more weeks, Garrett helps me feel like entropy isn't completely taking over every aspect of our lives during finals. Speaking of finals...back to Contracts!
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Lost skills (or talents that I never had)
Posted by Sarah and Garrett at 10:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Those rolls look crazy!! Little blobs trying to escape the oven!!!
Post a Comment