Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Grrr. Finals are coming!

Things have been so crazy this past couple of weeks. I have one final each week for the next three weeks, so I've been hitting the books pretty hard. So hard that the books have started hitting back. I've been getting headaches, and it certainly doesn't help when I'm trying to memorize everything there is to know about contracts. Garrett has two finals next week, but he's feeling pretty prepared. I'm glad because if Garrett had to study all the time too, then our cupboards would be bare (except for that can of sauerkraut that I keep meaning to use for something and haven't used yet). At least we got our Christmas tree out of the closet. For those of you who haven't heard my fabulous solution to the unpleasant problem of untangling lights, digging out ornaments and fluffing up artificial branches, here it is: I can fit my entire, fully decorated Christmas tree in a closet in our apartment, so all I have to do is pull it out and plug it in. Hooray for less time untangling and more time for hot cocoa! Granted we have a little less storage, but I consider it a small price to pay for less work during finals. If I had to go through the whole process of putting up the tree, it wouldn't get done until after finals, which would be just the week before Christmas. There is nothing more relaxing while I'm studying than sitting near the tree and listening to Garrett play Christmas songs on his acoustic guitar. I'm still trying to convince him to break out the electric guitar on Christmas morning for a rousing version of Joy to the World that is sure to wake the neighbors. I'll post a picture of our lovely tree once it has some presents under it. Otherwise it doesn't look as happy.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Hi! Don't forget to post the pict of your tree and your big bread thing!!!

Good Luck on finals!!!

Heather