Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sorry guys!

I know you are all eagerly awaiting news of what Mom and I have been up to in Costa Rica. Unfortunately we have been taking all the pictures with Mom's camera, and she doesn't have the camera cord to put the pictures on the computer. So you will all have to wait until after we get home on Saturday to see our really neat pictures. Just so you know how exciting the upcoming post will be, here is what we have been doing:

Arenal Volcano: The morning after Mom got to San Jose, we left bright and early for Arenal Volcano, where we spent all day hanging out in Tabacon Hot Springs. It was so beautiful because you're basically sitting in different parts of the river, but the water is really hot. It gets cooler as you go downstream, but not much cooler.

Tortuguero: We spent this last weekend in Tortuguero basically in the middle of the jungle. We had a really hard time sleeping because the monkeys were screaming, the frogs were croaking, the birds were singing, the bugs were making whatever kind of weird noises bugs make, and the guy next door was snoring really really loud. We saw all kinds of fun animals, and even went to Tortuguero beach in the middle of the night to see the green sea turtles nesting. One of the days, we decided to do as the monkeys do, and we went on zip lines through the rain forest canopy. When we went walking through the mud in the middle of the rain forest, we even saw poison dart frogs. Lanna-don't worry! We didn't touch them!

I can't wait to come home and see all of you again! And I know you are all sitting on the edge of your seats, eagerly anticipating our exciting photos. I promise I'll get them up as soon as I can!

3 comments:

Jake and Shannon Box said...

I'm also very eager to see you soon! I can't believe you'll be back Saturday...I'm sure it's a bitter sweet feeling. All your stories and pictures have been amazing.

Anonymous said...

Oh I see that operation follow Sarah through the jungles of Costa Rica has been a success. Who do you think that snoring man next to you was? Was it a grizzly bear, a zombie, the ghost of Richard Nixon, or a lonesome Hubby? The Lonesome Hubby’s habitat revolves around a certain cute girl of whom he hunts small squirrels and other wild game, just as long as the game can be played on a ps3 with plenty of refreshments. Upon being reunited with the certain cute girl the Lonesome Hubby will become the Spoiled Hubby and will have more to eat than the squirrels and wood creatures he captures and microwaves for dinner. Apparently a cooked badger tastes better, but who has the patience. At night you can hear can hear the Lonesome Hubby’s serenade as he dreams about what he dreams about every night, taking over the world: Wa-a-a-a, snore, snore. Wa-a-a-a, snore, snore.

Heather said...

I'm way excited to see all of your pictures!!! I don't have to work this weekend so maybe you'll be able to see the sock monkey I made in person! And don't forget to bring me some Costa Rican treats!!! Enjoy your last few days!!