Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bumming Around Downtown

After the trip to Manuel Antonio last weekend, I decided to pick an activity that was a little easier on my stomach, so my buddies and I decided to bum around downtown. Our first stop was the gold museum, where they have lots of ...gold!


Look how cute these little gold and jade frogs are!


These are some pretty scary gold crocodiles.


And for your viewing pleasure, more frogs! Can you tell which animal I liked the most?


After being blinded by all the shiny yellow stuff at the museum, we started walking toward the National Theater to have a cup of coffee (or in my case, some tasty mango juice). In the square next to the theater, there are tons of people feeding the pigeons.


Yes, this is a pole-dancing cow!


There are even cows dressing up like pigeons!


The National Theater is really beautiful, quite possibly the most beautiful building in San Jose. It was built by the coffee barons, so if you were wondering where the money you spent on coffee went, here it is.


I love all the marble, statues and paintings. I can't wait to see a show here!

This is their gorgeous coffee shop where I got to enjoy my fancy schmancy mango juice.


The statues on top of the building are so fancy that even the pigeons wanted to adore them.

Here is the outside of the building. It's so pretty and the front is a public square.


After that, it was about 2:00, which in Costa Rica means it's time to start raining, so it was time to head home. No more bumming around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pole-dancing cow is really scary. The Udder horror of it all! I hope that they didn’t have a two-drink minimum to see it. “And they did kill the fattened calf and they did rejoice, and in rejoicing the second calf did dance seductively on a pole, fishnet tights and all; and the third calf did disguise himself like unto a pigeon and did poop on Moses’ Ford Escort in the parking lot.” (The Lost Moses Versus). Moses would like to remind all you out there that next week’s sacrificial calf ceremony is ladies night. BYOM – Bring Your Own Manna.

It looks like you had a good fun time. I'm glad you had a fun day. I hope that there are many fun day to come.

Love,

Hubby

Heather said...

Garrett is so funny... Haha! I want a little gold froggy!! Oh so cute!