Monday, March 24, 2008

Lanna trying to carry Toby

Here is a picture of Lanna trying to carry her new dog, Toby. You can tell Toby is a really fabulous dog just by how he lets her haul him around. Toby is a silver miniature poodle Mom adopted a few weeks ago, and we all love him so much. He is a great dog, and in the short time Mom has had him, she has already taught him to sit, shake and fetch. He was already perfectly potty-trained and is so nice with Lanna. I think Toby is probably the perfect poster doggie for adopting rather than buying a brand new puppy. I think my favorite thing about Toby is that he has this strange quirk where he won't play with any toys that aren't brown and fuzzy. He doesn't like balls or bright colored toys, but he loves his little teddy bear and a great brown squeaky toy Mom bought him. And he is really good at making that toy squeak! Here is a cute sign Lanna put on Toby's door (and considering she's only six and had no help, I think her spelling is pretty good):
For those of you who have a hard time reading six-year old, it says: "Toby's Room. Miniature poodle. Feeders only. Ask!"

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love Lanna's sign. She's so funny!!!!! We practiced drawing poodles at church. What a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Now Toby likes his rubber toys! He had a rubber bone and a spikey rubber creature ball that were given to us when we adopted him. I started squeaking them yesteday and now he thinks they're great. He'll fetch the bone, the spikey ball and the fuzzy toys. I think his favorite thing is making the squeak. Maybe it's inherited from his ancestor's need to hunt. Perhaps the small animal's they'd catch would squeak as they were being chewed up! Pretty gross! But it's fun to watch him get all excited about the noise.

Sarah and Garrett said...

If any of you are wondering who this crazy anonymous person is, it's Mom.