Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Birthday and Happy Easter!

These past few days have been pretty busy. Since I posted last, I have celebrated my 24th birthday, completely failed to soak up every minute of Spring Break and eaten too many jelly beans. My birthday was actually pretty fabulous this year. Garrett bought me a beautiful purple pearl earring and necklace set which I love so much. And a big THANK-YOU to all you great people who sent me birthday money. I used it to purchase some sturdy luggage to take on my trip this summer (and hopefully on many more trips to come!). I also had a great birthday dinner date with Garrett at Little America, a great night of Disney and dessert with Garrett's family, and really yummy lasagna at my mom's house-all for my birthday. Now I think I've had enough birthday to get me through another year.

We also had Spring Break all last week. I had fairly lofty plans for the break, but you know what they say about the best laid plans... Instead of all the ambitious goals I had planned for my week, I got to hang out with cute Lanna, who was home from school with pink eye. I've decided that there must be some better way to treat pink eye than eye drops. Getting those drops into Lanna's eyes involved a lot of tears and struggling, but at least it's clearing up now. What was really entertaining was Garrett's absolute paranoia of getting pink eye from Lanna. As soon as we picked her up, we had to cover her hands with anti-bacterial gel. Every time we touched her it was time to de-germify our hands. I am pretty grateful for all of Garrett's precautions though. Neither of us have pink eye. Unfortunately my mom ended up with the pink eye instead. So while I didn't get tons of things done this week, it was really fun to get to hang out with Lanna Banana (except for the eye drops).

For Easter, we had a great time. We ate breakfast at my mom's house while Lanna modeled her beautiful new Easter dress. The Easter Bunny brought us too much candy, and I got to have yummy deviled eggs for lunch (which Garrett doesn't actually care for, so I don't get them very often). We also had a good time celebrating Garrett's mom's birthday. I brought a tres leches cake, and it certainly added to my over-sugared feeling. But my favorite was watching "Enchanted" at my cousins' house and holding cute baby Jason who is getting so big!

Now that you're all caught up, I suppose I'll have to return to regular life tomorrow. No more birthdays, breaks or holidays for a while. At least we'll have Garrett's graduation to celebrate in May!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Only 22 school days left till Reading Day!!! The semester will end sooner than we think... Oh, and I finally ate a piece of the cake! It was delicious and very sweet. The strawberries were good because they added a little tartness to each bite. Yummy! Thanks!