This set of comics is hilarious and very true! As many of you know, my undergraduate degree is in English. My biggest pet peeves all involve the misuse of this language I love so much. I'm definitely buying the poster. You can buy one here.One of the other mistakes that I wish this comic included is when people incorrectly write the plural of their family name. Using my maiden name as an example, "The Wilson Family" becomes "The Wilsons" NOT "The Wilson's." That just doesn't make any sense. The only time an apostrophe "s" is appropriate after a name is for ownership by a single person, i.e. "Sarah Wilson's car." Note that if the item is owned by a group of people (like a family), it would be "The Wilsons' car." And using my married name, "The Box Family" becomes "The Boxes," just like the cardboard kind. I always get a good chuckle around Christmas because so many people make this mistake on their cards.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Best Comic Ever!
Posted by Sarah and Garrett at 4:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment