Monday, October 13, 2008

Acting Silly At The Cabin

We had so much fun hanging out with Heather and Jim, Jenny and Aaron, and cute little Jason at Jim's family cabin last weekend. Heather had us preparing for four feet of snow, but there was just enough to cover the ground when we got there. I think she was hoping we'd get snowed in so she could go snowmobiling. It was really cold though. Perfect for watching movies and sitting by the fire. This is Garrett pretending to be a mountain man. It's a good thing we live in the city. :)


Each couple made a meal during our stay, so Jen and Aaron made some yummy curry for dinner, Heather and Jim made crepes for breakfast, and Garrett and I made clam chowder and breadsticks for lunch. Then we spent the rest of the time watching movies, playing video games, being crafty, and figuring out board games.


But Jason ended up being the real star of the show. He was so funny and happy during the weekend. Even while we were playing games, he was posing for us. What a cutie!


I had so much fun using Jason to practice taking pictures of with our new camera. He just loved having his picture taken, and he's so smiley.


Have you ever seen such gorgeous big blue eyes? I about blinded him taking this picture, but he didn't even flinch. I can't believe he's almost one. What a big boy!


We had such a great time hanging out with friends/family (Aren't we lucky we can all be both?), I can't wait to do it again. For now, we'll just get to spend the rest of the week working through fall break, and counting down until the football game on Saturday (Hooray for the MUSS!).

2 comments:

Heather said...

Jason is adorable... he looks just like Jenny when she was a baby!!! I might be imagining it, but I don't think so.

Brandon Johnson said...

What a fun place to spend a weekend! And Jason is a really cute kid. I bet it was fun to have him there... I love that you mentioned the MUSS too!!